3.24.2010

Bounced Spell Check

My building was noisy. So, I went to the NY Public Library to enjoy some peace and quiet and get my work done. As I pounded away on my computer in the North Hall, a security guard tapped my shoulder and handed me this note:
Now, it didn't surprise me that the NY Public Library had misspelled a word.
What bothered me was that I had to move to the South Hall, because the North Hall is designated as a "Quiet Zone." And since I was wearing headphones -- noise canceling head phones -- to cancel out the noisy library sounds, I had to move to a room that allowed headphones! 
Once I gathered my stuff and moved to the other hall, I lost my train of thought on my brilliant writing, and I couldn't get back on track because of the tourists being led thru the library by a guide, like elephants on parade. 
"Oh, look Marvin! There's a real live New Yorker trying to work! Let's get a picture with him!"

No comments: