1.23.2010

Cold 'Za

This Italian joint called Mozzarelli's on 23rd & Park has Gluten Free pizza, and my agent is close by, so I eat there once a week.
Yesterday, I had a hankering for some of their awesome Artichoke pizza, so I stopped in for a quick bite. 
"I'll take a slice of the Gluten Free Artichoke, please. No need to heat it up. Just pop it on a plate and I'll eat it here", I said.
"Are you sure?", said the co-owner.
"Yup, just throw it on a plate. Looks great!"
"You don't want it cold."
"Well, I kinda do, actually."
"Nah. Lemme put it in the oven just for a minute ... "
"But, you really don't have to, I just ..."
"No. It tastes better warm," he said putting the $5.00 slice in the oven. "The crust gets crispier in the oven."
I wasn't happy. "If you insist. But, I was really in the mood for a slice of cold pizza."
He says, "Yeah, we tried to sell slices of cold pizza a while back, but no one wanted them."
"Not even college kids with hangovers?", I asked.
"Huh? What? No. It didn't sell."
"Well, I was just really in the mood for cold pizza and kind of in a rush", I lied.
The pizza came out of the oven all bubbly and toasty.
"Enjoy", said the proud co-owner.
"I will." And I did.
After I let it sit for 5 minutes to get cold.

No comments: