4.08.2009

Damn Reception

I was in the elevator yesterday with about six other riders, heading down to the lobby from the 14th floor of some building in Times Square. This big guy was talking in full voice on his cell phone:
"Uh, yeah, that's what I told her. Uh, huh. Yeah, and then she says ... wait, hold on, the reception is really bad in this elevator. Damn elevator. Wait. Nope. Dammit. I gonna call you back, bro."
He then addresses us with a smirk and says, "Damn reception. This country sucks. I mean, in Europe or China, the cell phones always get reception in the elevator. Not here. Why? 'Cause this country sucks. That's why."
Some meek little blonde nodded. A buttoned-up guy smiled at him. Others laughed politely. I said, staring ahead, "Yeah, bro. It's too bad. I was really interested in hearing
the rest of your conversation."
DING
LOBBY 
QUICKLY WALK AWAY

No comments: