3.24.2009

Misread

Riding the subway and reading the Times, I came across the headline:
"Finding Fame in Autism in the Internet Age", which was accompanied by a photo of some young rockers jamming.
I stopped to think about this.
"Wow, this is great! Finally, kids with Autism have found not only fame, but an outlet for their creative energy. Music is the key. And now kids with Autism have the internet to thank for their fame and they can share their stories with other kids with Autism. This is a major breakthrough! Why did it take so long to figure out that music and Autism go together like bass and drums?"
Then I went back to actually read the article, and I was confused after the first few sentences. I looked at the headline again and again, and then I realized that it actually said:
"Finding Fame in Austin in the Internet Age"
I either need to get my eyes or my brain checked. And soon.

No comments: