2.23.2010

Dear John

Dear John Varvatos Green Corduroy Slip-on Chucks, 
Saying good-bye is never easy; especially after all we've been through. You've been there for me when I wanted to impress with my mad style, and when I just needed to get the mail. 
I especially enjoyed our time at the beach the past 3 summers. You are so easy to slip into and you feel great! Remember when that seagull pooped in you as you lay there next to my beach towel on Fire Island? That was so fun.
But, you've changed. You're looking ratty and starting to smell, and pretty soon you're just going to fall to pieces. So it's time to say "so long." I mean, look at yourself ...
I've found another that fits me like a glove. His name is Chuck Taylor Trompe L'oeil and I just can't hold back anymore. Look!
Listen -- we've had a good ride. Now's the time for you to hit the landfill. I'm sure you'll be happier there among the discarded bottles and appliances. You will always hold a place in my heart, and on my feet.
Thanks for the memories ... and the miles.
I loved you more than you will ever know. Keep on truckin'.
xo Pete

2 comments:

Lesley Jeavons said...

Aw, sad to say goodbye. But you know, you could have used this as an ideal opportunity to strike up a fresh new relationship with a pair of those Blondie sneakers! :-) L x

Liz said...

Yay! You got 'em!