1.14.2010

Tiny World

I was having drinks with an old Buffalo State College alum, and the young man seated next to us at the bar kept looking our way. 
Finally, I caught his eye after I said some witty Buffalo-related dig. He introduced himself and apologized for eavesdropping, but he had just graduated from Buffalo State as an interior design major and couldn't help but hear us say "Buffalo" a hundred times in our conversation. 
As I've been working on a pitch for a TV show that needs a fun, young, hip, gay interior designer, I gave him my card.
He looked at it, paused, laughed -- and then told me that his boss was none other than Peter Marino, the famous architect and designer.
You seriously can't swing a dead cat in this town without running into someone from Buffalo ... or named Peter Marino.

2 comments:

Connie Mae said...

WOW! perhaps serendipty yet to be realized! Sad reality though is that there are more people in other cities from Buffalo than there are in Buffalo.

Peter Michael Marino said...

And TABe, I stole that cat line from you-know-who!