1.01.2010

Smell It

The crackers went bad. I could tell as soon as I opened the box. As Rachel Ray says, "Oil spoils" and these crackers tasted and smelled like spoiled oil. So, I brought the box back to the local Gristedes.
The cashier called the manager over.
"What seems to be the problem?", he barked.
"These are bad. Spoiled."
"How d'ya know? Did you try 'em?"
I opened the box and said, "Here. Smell it."
He sniffed ... and gagged.
I got another box off the shelf and said, "Let me just open this here before I leave to make sure they're okay."
It smelled a bit weird. I gave the box to the manager and said, "Try one."
He says, "What? Why don't you try one?"
I said, "Cause your the manager."
He says, "Yeah, but I'm also a human being!"


Doubtful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ask Alex about the crackers at a wedding we went to on the 26th. They were sooo stale, she took it upon herself to gather them up to toss. Not sure where she dropped them. Maybe on the icy sidewalk to give us traction!