5.21.2009

Hello My Name Is ...

Recently I've made some new acquaintances. Yay! 
Now, get this ... my full name is Peter Michael Marino, and most of my close friends call me "Pete." Some call me "Peter." Some call me "Peter Michael." And some don't call me at all. (But, that's another story.)
I accept the "Pete" nickname, since my real name is pretty damn long. 
But, I have to say that "new" folks in my life can't really call me "Pete" until they've sort of earned the "familiarity rights" to refer to me by my nickname - which takes some time. At least they have to ask if they can call me "Pete." 
I dunno. 
What I do know, is that I use "quotes" way too much, and I even use "air quotes" too much in daily conversation. I even use "air quotes" when I'm talking on the phone ...
like, while talking to a "new" person in my life ... who inevitably calls me "Pete."

No comments: