3.02.2009

Rocked:Part 2

Last week, on the NBC show 30 Rock, two characters took the subway to a "dangerous" part of Queens. They got off the X Line (fictional) to Zargonia Station (also fictional). The area they wound up in looked more like a Mad Max setting than anywhere I've ever seen in New York City. With gangs of child-crooks roaming the sepia toned streets, I thought they might have taken a tip from Slumdog Millionaire. Or Oliver.
Seeing as how the show is set in NY, and shot in NY, and they work in the very real 30 Rock Building, you'd think they could find and use a real station in a real part of town. 
It reminded me of a scene from Friday the 13th VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan. There's a shot of a subway station smack-dab in the middle of Broadway ... which doesn't exist at all. I know that because the location was across the street from the movie theater I was in.

No comments: