3.16.2009

Charity begins ...

I went to a Simply Red concert at Radio City Music Hall last night, and behind me were two lame-brains from somewhere in the Tri-State area (but, clearly not Manhattan).
These two lovebirds spoke loudly through the entire opening act (the very talented Martha Wainwright) and loudly commented on how much they didn't like her; even after a roof-raising rendition of "Stormy Weather"!
During the intermission, the jumbotrons on either side of the stage, showed ads for upcoming shows as well as ads from various companies. One of them was for some children's charity. The gal says to her meatball, "There seem to be, like, soooo many charities these days, right? It's like ... crazy. Everywhere I look, there's another charity."
Need I say more? Or, should I start a charity for idiots?

2 comments:

Tootie said...

Your post came in my Google Sanibel Alerts, that's why I dropped by. :-)

I got started reading here and lost control! I love your observations, I'm still laughing. You have a great talent.

Peter Michael Marino said...

Hi Tootie! Thanks so much for reading my stuff. I am enjoying my Sanibel visit and depart late today. Got to swim with dolphins at the lighthouse yesterday, which was awesome. I used to do shows at the Old Schoolhouse Theater, and now I just come down every few years for a break...and to write. Off to Jerry's for breakfast, as usual! Peace ... Peter