3.03.2009

Bed Bath Bull

The employees of Bed Bath & Beyond are told to say hello to every customer they encounter. I recently spent 30 minutes in the store and was greeted over 2 dozen times. I'm a pretty friendly fella, but it takes alot for me to greet and acknowledge 27 people I don't know. Unless I'm at a party in a loft in Soho.
When I checked out, the employee handed me my change without looking at me or saying thank you.
I said, "Thank you ..."
Silence.
"Thank youuu ... ?"
She glanced in my direction, "You're welcome."
I paused. I thought about all those friendly greetings I got minutes before by her co-workers. 
I said, "No. You see, you say 'thank you" to me. Me. The one who gave you my money."
Silence.
I suppose the floor employees are jealous that the cashiers can be so cold.

No comments: